Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Deborah Lippmann Across the Universe Dupe for 7 dollars ????


Maybe with a darker blue base color it would be, but I didn't want it that dark.

This is a double ended polish I picked up in ICING after reading a blog post saying it could be made to look like Across the Universe.

It was 7 or 8 dollars and for only .27oz :s
After using this, I would say save your money.
With the price of this and the dark blue you need to make the dupe, you could have got the real thing !!!
The darker polish was gloppy and really thick and after using two coats of the glitter that side is almost empty. Really a disappointment.

But for this nail I started with 2 coats of Orly Royal Navy

I wanted it a bit darker so I added another coat :)

So here was the base color.
 Then I added one coat of the darker glitter polish.
So beautiful :)

Then 2 coats of the lighter glitter (only because I smudged it :s)



Then I added the rhinestone to make it special :)

A nice polish for serious bling, I'm thinking mine was maybe opened or tested in the store, because the other pictures I've seen made this so nice.
But for the price and amount of product you get, it's really not that amazing...:(

Thumbs up for lots of blingy glitter anyway !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment